Error: Only machine administrators are allowed to create administration service job definitions of type
|« WLBS (NLB) – Multicast vs Unicast||Windows Server 2008 Step-by-Step Guides »|
Tried to deploy a custom solution on a SharePoint 2010 farm from Central Administration > System Settings > Manage Farm solutions. I received the following error in the ULS logs.
Access denied. Only machine administrators are allowed to create administration service job definitions of type: Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionDeploymentJobDefinition, Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=188.8.131.52, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c
This fix only needs to be run on the machine that you are trying to deploy the solution on. However I would recommend disabling this “feature” on all SharePoint and SQL Servers in your farm.
Follow “to turn off UAC” http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709691%28WS.10%29.aspx
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. In Control Panel, click User Accounts.
3. In the User Accounts window, click User Accounts.
4. In the User Accounts tasks window, click Turn User Account Control on or off.
5. If UAC is currently configured in Admin Approval Mode, the User Account Control message appears. Click Continue.
6. Clear the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer check box, and then click OK.
7. Click Restart Now to apply the change right away, or click Restart Later and close the User Accounts tasks window.